SingleStore is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Technical Revenue with a proven track record for process improvements within a high-growth organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams across our global locations to ensure prompt and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will drive process efficiency within the order to cash process and focus on streamlining our revenue recognition process through automation and operational improvements to scale with business growth.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Manager- Technical Revenue will manage all day to day revenue operations including functional responsibility for contract reviews, revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606 and related pronouncements, accounts receivable, and billing. This position will be tasked to ensure consistent, accurate, and timely revenue reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Revenue Accounting team, building and managing the day-to-day accounting and operations of our revenue function
- Oversee all core revenue accounting aspects including order to cash operations, month-end close, financial reporting requirements, and revenue contract review/approve
- Partner with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, Legal, and Sales Operations
- Represent the revenue team in cross finance and cross SingleStore discussions - be respected for input on deal structuring, impacts on forecasts and insights into actuals
- Lead and mentor the Revenue Accounting team responsible for revenue operations, billing, and reporting
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of month-end close
- Own automation and implementation of new revenue systems
- Subject matter expert and trusted business advisor on application of ASC 606 to operations
- Lead the design and documentation of SOX controls and business processes in support of revenue systems to effectively mitigate financial statement risks
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP with the primary focus on ASC 606
- 8-10 years of related accounting experience, public company accounting experience is a plus, Big 4 preferred
- Polished communication skills and experience simplifying complex US GAAP principles to business and technical executives, as well as external stakeholders
- Strong ability to work well within a team structure and an ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Proven track record in an established revenue function and able to work seamlessly with cross-functional partners in a fast-paced environment
- Operational billing and collections experience desired but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to implement and automate revenue recognition software/platforms
- Partner with business operations to provide technical revenue accounting guidance and represent Finance as a key stakeholder in contract and deals negotiation
Location: Remote, Hybrid/In Office role
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be up to date with the current CDC guidelines for their vaccinations with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
SingleStore values individuals for their unique skills and experiences, and we’re proud to offer roles in a variety of locations across the United States. Salary is based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location, and is just one part of our total compensation and benefits package. Certain roles are also eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and annual bonuses.
Our benefits package for this role includes: stock options, flexible paid time off, monthly three-day weekends, 14 weeks of fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, mental health counseling, 401(k) retirement plan, and rich health insurance offerings—including medical, dental, vision and life and disability insurance.
SingleStore’s base salary range for this role, if based in California, Colorado, Washington, or New York City is: $145,000 - $195,000 USD per year
For candidates residing in California, please see our California Recruitment Privacy Notice. For candidates residing in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, please see our EEA, UK, and Swiss Recruitment Privacy Notice.