SingleStore’s Infrastructure Engineering Team is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Senior Infrastructure Engineer. Our company is at the intersection of leading technology trends - A highly performant distributed database, managed by Kubernetes, running in the cloud. In this role, you will work as a member of the Infrastructure engineering team in solving some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today’s data-driven world.
This is an engineering role requiring a strong understanding of network, infrastructure, and systems technologies. A solid engineering mindset will enable you to solve and engineer our infrastructure automation challenges with a focus on positioning our infrastructure, systems, services, and platforms for growth, easy scalability, and supportability.
You will be part of a globally distributed team of engineers, helping to drive engineering best practices across the company. There is a great opportunity to lead, help drive best practices, and push the boundaries of Infrastructure and Systems engineering automation methodologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engineer and maintain automation platforms in support of infrastructure systems in our Data Center and across cloud providers.
- Build robust, supportable, secure and highly scalable computing and network infrastructure.
- Design systems for peak reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Debug Live Site events and conduct follow-up post-mortem and root cause analysis.
- Willing to travel to our US Data Center environment – Travel required minimal.
- Participate in an SLA-driven on-call rotation, including after-hours, weekend, and rotating holiday participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least five years of experience in a solid DevOps/SRE skill set. That means you are hands-on with Linux, comfortable setting kernel tunable parameters and shell scripting, know three ways to find a file, check the utilization of system I/O, measure network throughput, and are comfortable navigating large log files.
- Solid Infrastructure automation experience, Worked with Terraform and at least one orchestration framework (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, Saltstack, etc.)
- Solid experience with Layer 2 networks, VXLAN, routing protocols (BGP), IPSec, VPN peering, and IPv6.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and communication skills.
- Familiar with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex production software.
- Resilience, supportability, availability, and security is a cornerstone consideration for every change you make.
- Familiar with industry storage appliances, Ceph storage for even more bonus points.
- Familiar with GIT and you have at least one favorite programming language, more bonus points if it’s Python or GoLang.
- Familiar with Kubernetes and the container ecosystem.
- Familiar with JunOS and Clos architecture.
- Familiar with system monitoring and alerting technology stacks, i.e. Prometheus and Grafana.
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock Options
- Full Time Employment
- Eligibility to work for a US based employer
- Fully Remote Role or Hybrid based in United States - San Francisco or West Coast Preferred.
- Ability to travel 10%
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.