The SingleStore database engine team is responsible for building the core database engine behind SingleStore. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms, row and columnar stores, networking, query optimization, and execution.
As a senior software engineer on the database engine team, you will have the unique benefit of building systems software in a rapid production environment with a small and collaborative team. This includes overseeing the direction, design and development of key features that can be attributed to just a handful of engineers. In this position, you will be empowered to leverage your technical, leadership, and business acumen while mentoring other engineers who are eager to learn from you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and infrastructure.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity. Develop tools to understand, model, and replicate production traffic patterns in pre-production environments, including some cases in statistical modeling and machine learning techniques.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Design and develop tools and infrastructure that help us provide quality apps.
- Design and build advanced build and test frameworks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Kubernetes is a plus but not required
- Professional C++ experience is a plus but not required
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Team player but can work independently
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in IT field
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock Options
As employees are located in many different countries around the world, some benefits may differ from country to country. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across our locations.
- Full Time Employment
- Eligibility to work for an India based employer
- Fully Remote Role or Hybrid based in India - Hyderabad or Bangalore.
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.