Sr. IT Operations Engineer
As SingleStore’s Sr. IT Operations Engineer, you will help shape the IT toolset used by our end
users. This is an active, hands-on position responsible for the planning, design, development,
and Tier 3 support of several key technical areas at the SingleStore IT team, including end-user
support, client engineering, endpoint security, and infrastructure application support. This is an
incredible opportunity for someone to build upon their technical strengths, mentor junior
engineers, and be a part of IT at a growing startup.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administering a wide variety of SaaS applications. Some main applications that need to
be supported are OKTA, g-suite, slack, and JIRA. Keep up to date with new features and
new releases in these applications to identify opportunities for better automation or
features that could be useful for our environment.
- Seize opportunities across the IT Operations team to eliminate manual work through
tooling, integrations, and automation
- Respond to tickets and execute new hire onboarding and user separation processes.
- Support junior members of the team with troubleshooting and resolution of complex
- Design, architect, implement and maintain systems and solutions for various IT-related
topics, including but not limited to staff computer hardware, operating systems,
software applications, networking, videoconferencing, and printers.
- Partner and collaborate with all business units to help them evaluate hardware and
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with the entire company.
- Analyze existing processes, suggest and make improvements, and implement business
processes where none exists.
- A desire to learn and expand your horizons; take on new challenges as the business
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in implementing and administering G-Suite, OKTA, Slack, and JIRA
- Prior experience in using GAM or any other tools for carrying out bulk tasks for
managing Google Workspace via a command line
- Prior experience in administering Kandji or any other Mac MDM tool.
- Prior experience in designing and implementing tools to maintain and support a
distributed user base of macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Operating systems
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Desire to learn new technologies and teach junior members
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience in using GAM for managing Google Workspace is a plus
- Managing a network based on Juniper technology is a plus.
- Previous experience in designing AV hardware and equipment for conference room
(Google meet and Zoom) solutions is a plus
- Previous experience with using workflow automation tools (OKTA workflow, workato
etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Python scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of various AWS components to support development: e.g. Lambda,
CodeBuild, DynamoDB, VPC, RDS, API Gateway, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, IAM, SES etc.,
is a plus
- Relevant industry certifications or B.S. Degree in Information Technology or a related
discipline is a plus
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- In office catered lunches and monthly meal/snack credit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- US Stock Options
- Country Specific (if applicable)
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.