Enterprises use SingleStore to solve some of the most cutting-edge technical challenges in today’s data-driven world. When a new customer, partner, or employee deploys SingleStore, our Education Team enables them to become experts with the software. We do this through in-person classrooms, virtual classrooms, and self-paced training experiences.
As an Education Specialist at SingleStore, you will be an instructional designer, curriculum developer, and sometimes trainer. You will work with multiple teams to optimize create and refine engaging training experiences for all modes of delivery. You will be part of a small training team and as such you will wear many hats to support the enablement of our customers, partners, and employees.You are passionate about education and understand how adults learn.
- Develop effective, instructionally sound, and technically accurate education experiences for in-person instructor-led, virtual classroom, and self-paced learning.
- Develop learning experiences that conform to adult and technology learning best practices.
- Develop learning experiences that address the needs identified in the objective domains for technical personas.
- Improve and update existing learning experiences so that they are current, accurate, and follow best practices in instructional design.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop technically accurate and complete learning experiences.
- Test and review the educational experiences that are created by others.
- Create videos, hands-on labs, knowledge checks, and slide decks to support customer technical education on SingleStore.
- Collaborate with technical and business subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of the content and delivery that supports internal and external needs.
- Deliver in-person training sessions at customer sites and virtual classroom courses for our customers and partners in the Asia Pacific region.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of best practices in instructional design.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly and to design and develop clear and accurate training materials on them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact frequently with program managers, developers, engineers, and other curriculum developers for the purpose of gaining and clarifying technical knowledge of our products.
- Ability to manage versions and revisions across multiple curriculum projects.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands.
- 3+ years experience developing curriculum for instructor-led, virtual classroom, and/or self-paced training (eLearning).
- Experience designing instruction for electronic delivery, either synchronous or asynchronous.
- Experience designing instruction for in-person delivery.
- Four-year college degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience working with enterprise databases, data warehouses, and distributed solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Linux.
- ANSI SQL programming competency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Handles details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Experience delivering in-person and/or virtual classroom instruction.
- Experience using Articulate 360, Google Slides, and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience in the development of Certification exams is a plus.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.