UX / Product Designer
At SingleStore we're not just building a database company, we are defining the future of data management. We believe that every company should have a holistic view over all their data and the Product Design team is responsible for making this possible. We are looking for people to join us in building a hybrid cloud control plane which autonomously manages high-performance SingleStore databases on behalf of our customers.
Meet the team
As a member of the SingleStore Product Design team, you’ll be partnering closely with full stack engineers, product managers, and design leadership on creating modern workflows to deploy infrastructure on the cloud. You’ll partner with UX Researchers to help gather insights and motivations from customers and validate product design.
What you will do
You will work with our product, design and engineering teams on all aspects of design including user experience, interaction design, research, visual design, and branding. You will transform highly complex concepts into simple and easy to use experiences. Whether new to the industry or with several years under the belt, successful candidates will be highly effective communicators with the aptitude to learn in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here’s an article written by a designer on the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field
- An amazing portfolio
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple, elegant, and usable solutions
- Understand how to move from mock-ups to successfully implement solutions
- Experience with wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing
- Ability to create pixel-perfect iconography and style guidelines
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of SingleStore Design, become familiar with our design system, application, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with SingleStore’s design tools and processes
- Reviewing existing designs and patterns
- Becoming familiar with our design system
- Walk through the SingleStoreDB tutorials
- Review existing research and understand the personas
- Begin working on crafting experiences for features on the roadmap
- Conducting research studies to learn more about SingleStore users
- Meeting with your engineering and product peers at a regular cadence
- Review design work with peers and stakeholders
- design reviews with stakeholders
- Test and validate designs with users and subject matter experts to refine workflows
- Explore new ideas and look into user analytics to find insights
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.