As an Engineering Manager, Cloud Infrastructure you will lead a team of engineers responsible for Developer Enablement at SingleStore.
You will be primarily responsible for efficiency, throughput, and overall health of the developer experience from commit to monitoring in production. You will use GitOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, and other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools to establish automated pipelines, immutable infrastructure, and repeatable deployments of a containerized cloud ecosystem. You should have a strong understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Kubernetes and feel comfortable being the technical leader for a team of engineers that operates on the frontiers of our industry.
As proud as we are of our technology it is our people that come first. Your performance will be directly tied to the growth and performance of your team.
Our team is committed to continuous learning, open communication, shared responsibility, and collaborative problem solving. This role can be filled by a fully remote employee.
- Grow your team by establishing a healthy servant leadership and DevOps culture supported by executive leadership at all levels
- Help your engineers overcome technical obstacles, develop their skills, and establish their identity as the foremost experts in development infrastructure within the company
- Work directly with project managers to schedule and plan both improvements to existing systems and new initiatives to meet the challenges of executive leadership
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (code reviews, unit testing, etc.)
- Work with key product owners and stakeholders to implement detailed infrastructure functionality throughout our continuous delivery lifecycle
- Have an in-depth understanding of Kubernetes including how to build and optimize Kubernetes clusters from scratch using industry leading best practices
- Support, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot infrastructure with a focus on scalable, maintainable, and automated solutions
- Solve complex business and technical problems in collaboration with colleagues from the technology teams and functional stakeholders
- Design and implement automated delivery pipelines to ensure timely delivery of applications, systems, infrastructure, and related updates
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
- Work closely with adjacent teams within SingleStore and solve some of our company’s most challenging problems
- Establish an on-call rotation for internal systems critical to development productivity
You will succeed in this role if:
- You find legitimate joy in helping engineers maximize their potential and thrive in technical mentorship roles
- You have a passion for lifelong learning and a desire to meet and exceed your potential as a leader and an engineer
- You have spent a career pursuing the ideals of DevOps and thrive in an environment where it is practiced and consistently invested in
- You feel at home when supporting complex infrastructure in cloud environments using AWS, GCP, and Azure
- You hold a fundamental understanding of Kubernetes orchestration, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and cloud native distributed applications
- You have a familiarity with modern CI/CD toolchains like GitHub Actions, GitLab pipelines, CircleCI, and/or Jenkins
- You have experience with modern monitoring systems oriented toward Kubernetes (We use Cortex/Loki/Prometheus/Grafana)
- You have familiarity with service oriented architecture, event driven architecture, microservices, and web services
- You have a strong understanding of virtualization, cloud-native best practices, and cloud operations
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a fundamental understanding of and experience with product security and data protection
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably in computer science or technology management, or relevant combination of education and experience
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- In office catered lunches and monthly Grubhub credit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock Options
- Country Specific (if applicable)
As employees are located in many different countries around the world, some benefits may differ from country to country. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across our locations.
- Employment Status:
- Ex. Full Time Employment
- Work Authorization:
- Eligibility to work for [Location/Country of job] based employer.
- ex. EU citizenship required (for UK, Portugal, Ireland, etc.)
- For US based employees, SingleStore is able to facilitate the transfer and sponsorship of visas. Authorization to work for a US based employer)
- Location/Working classification
- Fully Remote Role based in [LOCATION - US, EMEA, UK, etc.]
- Hybrid Role - Required to work from an office X number of days per week
- In Office Position
- In office requirement: Employees working from an office must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (see below)
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.