Our main website, documentation website and blog are all very important to us, and we have a dedicated team building these. The Web Engineering Team collaborates very closely with the Design, Marketing & Documentation Team to provide the highest quality web experience for new and existing customers.
The tech stack for this team has changed a lot over the last few years (and will change a lot in the future too), but Gatsby is the core web framework that powers most things. The Web Engineering Team leverages a CMS platform so that most of the content on our public web properties are editable by members of our Marketing Team. This CMS needs to scale to hundreds of pages and thousands of resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with headless CMSs such as Contentful, Contentstack, Builder.io, Sanity, Prismic or Netlify CMS.
- Search engine optimization, web accessibility, web performance, cross-browser compatibility.
- UI testing with tools such as Cypress.
- Working with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Attention to detail. Providing a top notch web experience requires a strong design mindset.
What you can expect from this role
In the first 3 months:
- Onboard into the public website and documentation website codebases, add small features, fix some small bugs.
- Get to know your teammates, learn about the team's roadmap and stakeholders.
- Dive deep into GatsbyJS and slowly become an expert in it.
In the first year:
- Have become fully comfortable with most of the codebase.
- Start working on some developer experience improvements such as upgrading package dependencies or accelerating build times.
- Start speccing and scoping larger projects with the rest of the team and own longer end-to-end projects across Marketing, Design and Engineering.
What we offer you
There are many reasons why people choose to join SingleStore, but we’ve highlighted a few that we think you’ll like:
- Work at your own pace.
- Like our technology, our team is also distributed across the globe, so we try to have an async-first type of communication and respect each other’s varying schedules.
- We trust our teams to deliver their best work and we make sure they have everything they need to accomplish that. That means that you’ll be part of the decisions as well, not just chugging through JIRA tickets all day.
- Space to grow and innovate, in your own team or around it.
- We tackle hard problems every day, from databases, to infrastructure, to enterprise usability; there’s opportunities for growth everywhere in the company.
Who will you work with
- Phil Sheffield, Head of Design
- Phil runs the design team and helps project manage some of the creative projects that this team works on. He helps ensure that the entire customer experience is excellent. He also ran the design team at box.com previous to coming to SingleStore.
- Rafaela Ferro, Software Engineer
- Rafaela is a Frontend Engineer on the web team that helps bring to life the projects envisioned by the design and marketing team. Previous to coming to SingleStore, she worked as a product designer.
- Bernardo Raposo, Team Lead
- Bernardo is a Software Engineer with more than 12 years of experience in different industries, from analytics to travel. He has been part of the product team at SingleStore for over a year and has recently embraced the big challenge of leading the Web team in a phase of growth and expansion with lots of exciting projects ahead. Outside his work hours he likes to contribute to open-source projects, many of them related to design tooling.