As SingleStore’s Sr. IT Operations Engineer, you will help shape the IT toolset used by our end users. This is an active, hands-on position, responsible for the planning, design, development, and Tier 3 support of several key technical areas at SingleStore IT team including end user support, client engineering, end point security, and infrastructure application support. This is an incredible opportunity for someone to build upon their technical strengths, mentor junior engineers and be a part of IT at a growing startup.
We are an inclusive team that celebrates diverse perspectives and is built on a foundation of mutual respect. We are looking to hire and develop talented people from all backgrounds and prior experiences that are up for the challenge and would like an opportunity to be a part of IT at a growing startup . If that sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, architect, implement and maintain systems and solutions for various IT-related topics; including but not limited to staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking, videoconferencing, printers, and phones
- Support junior members of the team with troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues
- Administering a wide variety of SaaS applications (OKTA, g-suite, slack, JIRA etc.). Keep up to date with new features and new releases to identify opportunities for better automation or features that could be useful for our environment.
- Keep up to date with upcoming changes in the hardware and operating system to proactively test functionality and prepare for upgrade in our environment.
- Partner and collaborate with all business units to help them evaluate hardware and software solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with the entire company.
- Analyze existing processes, suggest and make improvements, and implement business processes where none exists.
- A desire to learn and expand your horizons; take on new challenges as the business scales.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in implementing and administering G-Suite and OKTA
- Prior experience of designing and implementing tools to maintain and support a distributed user base of macOS, Linux and Microsoft Operating systems
- Prior experience in implementing OKTA for SSO along with automatic account provisioning de-provisioning via OKTA.
- Prior experience with administering some of our current technology stack and willingness to learn others: Confluence, JIRA, Slack, Zoom, google suite including google meet, VoIP telephony among others.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and teach junior members
Nice to Have:
- Some level of network administration skill (switching, firewalls, subnetting, wireless technologies, VPNs, LAN/WAN, etc.) is a plus.
- Prior experience of administering AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- Prior experience in designing AV hardware and equipment for conference room (Google meet and Zoom) solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages e.g. Python is a plus.
- Prior experience with using workflow automation tools (workato etc.) is a plus
- Relevant industry certifications or B.S. Degree in Information Technology or a related discipline is a plus
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.