As SingleStore’s IT Operations Engineer, you have the opportunity to help shape our IT organization. You will be part of the Information Technology team and support several key technical areas at SingleStore including end user support, client engineering, end point security, and infrastructure application support. This is an incredible opportunity for someone to build upon their technical strengths and be a part of IT at a growing startup.
We are an inclusive team that celebrates diverse perspectives and is built on a foundation of mutual respect. We are looking to hire and develop talented people from all backgrounds and prior experiences that are up for the challenge and would like an opportunity to be a part of IT at a growing startup . If that sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and in-depth research to find the best technical solutions for all IT-related topics; including but not limited to staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking, videoconferencing, printers, and phones
- Day to day administration of a wide variety of SaaS applications (OKTA, g-suite, slack, JIRA etc.); with an eye on security and cost evaluations. Provision/modify/remove access as needed.
- Ordering/procuring equipment, maintaining vendor relationships, and inventory management for all IT hardware and software.
- Maintain IT asset inventory, the asset lifecycle, and an organized help desk
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely with the end users including company executives.
- Supporting global workforce, partnering with overseas teams, both employees and vendors.
- Maintain good documentation on current support processes.
- A desire to learn and expand your horizons; take on new challenges as the business scales or things break.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in administering G-Suite for day-to-day operations
- Prior experience of supporting users on macOS using an MDM tool (JAMF or Addigy).
- Prior experience in supporting users working with OKTA for SSO. Familiarity with automatic account provisioning de-provisioning via OKTA.
- Capable of learning and managing AV hardware and equipment in conference room (Google meet and Zoom).
- Prior experience with supporting some of our current technology stack and willingness to learn others: Confluence, JIRA, Slack, Zoom, google suite including google meet, VoIP telephony among others.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
Nice to Have:
- Some knowledge of networking concepts (switching, firewalls, subnetting, wireless technologies, VPNs, LAN/WAN, etc.) is a plus.
- Prior experience of supporting users in AWS is a plus
- Prior experience of supporting users with Linux on laptops is a big plus
- Prior experience of supporting users with Windows devices is a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages e.g. Python is a plus.
- Relevant industry certifications or B.S. Degree in Information Technology or a related discipline is a plus
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.