Securing the editorial in the world’s most respected news sources and publications is critical in earning the esteem of decision makers in Fortune 500 companies. As a company that recently underwent a name change, SingleStore (formerly memSQL) is looking for a talented Director for Public Relations and Communications that will help build brand awareness of SingleStore and its thought leaders through creative PR and communications strategies, initiatives and tactics.
As the lead for all PR and communications programs programs, you will be responsible for managing the company’s press relations and communications (corporate as well as marketing communications) efforts, including being the primary point-of-contact for corporate messaging, media outreach, and briefings in partnership with our PR firm and product marketing teams. You will lead our efforts from strategy through execution, including measurement and continuous improvement to increase your impact on SingleStore’s business. This role will report into the CMO/SVP of Marketing for the company and will be a highly visible role as our next phase of growth can only be achieved through awareness.
Role and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and leverage our social media and PR agencies to drive SingleStore’s business agenda.
- Deliver a drumbeat of “moments of truth” to the market by securing editorial in the world’s most respected news sources and by managing the creation, curation and distribution of important company updates to employees, clients and customers. Find creative avenues to reach our target audience with compelling and differentiated corporate messaging as well as thought leadership from the CEO and other executives.
- Manage and leverage our social media and blog platforms and the creation and distribution of content through it. Assist outbound marketing engines to effectively use the platforms to meet awareness and demand goals.
- Craft press releases, and other media communications for product launches and corporate communications.
- Drive for inclusion on SingleStore in trustworthy publications that talk about database industry, database market, high growth tech companies, best-places-to-work publications and the like.
- Work with direct and indirect sales to identify advocates of our products and solutions and drive programs to get them to share their excitement about the products in forums and platforms where our prospects go for information.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to design and execute a successful PR and communications program
- 5+ years of experience in PR, corporate communications and marketing communications
- Experience working in technology and enterprise software and services
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively across our organization
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.