The SingleStore Data & Analytics (D&A) Innovation team is committed to empowering the world with frictionless data and analytics, removing barriers and extending the reach of SingleStore through forward-looking, world-class engineering for the cloud.
As a senior software engineer on the innovation team, you will work with small and collaborative teams to ideate, explore, research, implement and productize advanced technologies for data and analytics. You will work hand in hand with the SingleStore engineering team to build systems software in a rapid production environment. You will be empowered and accountable to leverage technical excellence, leadership and problem-solving skills in the support of innovation that helps customers and partners of SingleStore to achieve more.
We are looking for highly talented, adaptable, self-motivated, rockstars with passion for databases, distributed computing, intelligent applications based on fast data and analytics and the cloud.
As a senior software engineer working on systems and architectures in the innovation team at SingleStore, you have the following Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead, contribute and participate in innovation projects from research, ideation, incubation, to scale and production
- Lead innovation for major software components, systems, and features.
- Design and develop new systems to enhance data and analytics performance with high throughput and low latency in distributed systems.
- Own complex features from specification to production, as assigned
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge transfer within the company
- Be a champion of innovation culture, work hand-in-hand with Engineering and closely with multiple departments such as Sales, Marketing, and G&A.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least four years of experience developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux
- At least two years of experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server backend distributed and parallel systems,
- At least one year of experience with full-stack development, scalable enterprise platform and applications.
- Experience working on database internals or multi-threaded server internals
- Passionate about building highly reliable system software and software architectures
- S. degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, Raleigh, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.