SingleStore is looking for accomplished professionals to join our Commercial Sales team, focused on selling SingleStore Database and Cloud Database. In this role you will be responsible for closing new business and expanding existing business with customers throughout a region within North America. This is an incredible opportunity to join an established, fast-growing startup in the enterprise software industry, where your performance is rewarded with accelerators, uncapped commission, and a top-of-market equity package
Commercial Account Executives at SingleStore are passionate about evangelizing technologies that are disrupting the market. You’re excited to develop modern database expertise and communicate solution value to organizations of all sizes. In this role you will be expected to cultivate an in-depth understanding of the market landscape, partner closely with Sales Engineers and SDRs, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Cold calling, prospecting, and qualifying new account opportunities
- Developing a detailed territory plan to maximize account penetration
- Developing and communicating the value of SingleStore solutions with prospects and clients
- Identifying and creating business needs with executive decision makers within your territory
- Cultivating, managing, closing, and growing accounts ranging from start-ups to Fortune 5000
- Quickly learn our software products, competition, and market to be able to clearly communicate our unique value proposition
- Undertake additional responsibilities and operate autonomously
- Communicate effectively when conveying key information to customers and colleagues
Required Skills and Experience
- Self starter with strong desire to succeed in a fast growing and entrepreneurial environment
- 2+ years of experience in Database Sales or Cloud Saas closing experience
- Intellectual curiosity and business/technical acumen
- Proven track record of successfully selling SaaS solutions and new customer acquisition
- Experience navigating complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders through negotiation and closing
- Firm understanding of the modern database, infrastructure, and enterprise software products (e.g. open source, business intelligence, analytics, ETL, cloud infrastructure, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to sell to both IT and line of business stakeholders,emphasizing business value versus product capabilities
- Ability to build strong customer relationships to understand their short and long term business needs
- B.S. degree or equivalent in a related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.