Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Who You Are
SingleStore is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help drive our Kubernetes product strategy surrounding our managed service. You will be at the forefront; crafting the design, building out the collaborated vision, and sustaining your envisioned product strategy.
This role will be an integral part of building our managed service product line, and influencing future direction of the organization. As a technical leader in the space you will collaborate with the entire engineering team guiding decisions critical to both team and company success.
What We Need
- Help SingleStore craft its production container orchestration strategy.
- Design, build, and run elastic Kubernetes clusters across on-prem, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud environments.
- Experience designing systems for peak reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Efficiently operate within a data center environment; monitoring performance and health of hardware and software, installing new servers, and upgrading as needed
- Participate in a SLA-driven on-call rotation, which will include after-hours, weekend, and rotating holiday participation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem.
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN) and a keen interest in relational databases.
- Familiar with at least one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience debugging, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex, production software.
- Ability to read C, CPP, Golang. Experience with Python. Golang strong plus.
- Familiarity with JunOS, routing protocols (BGP), IPSec and Ceph storage a plus.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, Seattle, Boston, Bangalore, London, Lisbon, and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Database of Now™.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.