SingleSprout is disrupting the recruiting industry by pairing our proprietary technology with excellent recruiters to help socially-conscious and tech-focused companies grow their teams.
With a growing 40+ person team (headquarters in New York City, and a secondary office in Los Angeles), we are looking for a strategically focused yet hands-on VP, People & Culture to ensure that we are doing everything to attract, hire, develop and retain stellar talent and foster a vibrant and highly engaged culture.
Our VP, People & Culture will report directly to the Co-founders and be a member of the executive team.
If you have previous success at a high-growth, technology-driven startup, and have a passion for building a performance-based (but fun-loving) culture, we’d like to meet you.
- Advise and confer with the Co-founders and Leadership Team on all aspects of SingleSprout’s People and culture.
- Provide leadership that serves the team, managers, the business and the employment brand.
- Provide our team with the context to do their best work: craft a great day-to-day employee experience, attract and hire stunning colleagues and provide ample opportunities for the team to learn and grow.
- Be the first point of contact for employee relations issues at all layers of the company.
- Expand and formalize our Learning and Development programs such as our onboarding process, skill-building workshops, and management training.
- Continuously evolve and strengthen the People practice to provide operational stability and support in our permanently ‘white-water’ business environment
- Lead and Mentor the People team.
- Create two-way, accessible and effective channels of communication (eg. All Hands, employee engagement surveys, etc).
- Formalize career paths and promotional opportunities to stretch and retain star performers.
- Host notable events that create internal community. These happenings can be educational, culturally relevant or just flat-out fun.
- Be a brand ambassador. Constantly communicate to staff, candidates and to the world at large what makes SingleSprout special and what makes it tick.
- Strengthen SingleSprout’s reputation in the tech and business communities by participating in public forums and events.
- Amplify SingleSprout’s employment brand by regularly publishing high-quality content to social media (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Twitter, etc)
- Ensure that SingleSprout’s two offices are compliant with all current national, state and local labor laws
- Partner with our Director, Finance on compensation structures, benefit offerings, HR tools and technologies and plan and execute a migration off our PEO.
Who You Are
- You are a true generalist -- you have experience building and managing a wide range of People & Culture functions, including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, HR compliance, Benefits and Comp, and the Employee Experience.
- You have a minimum of seven years of high-growth experience with a minimum of three years building and managing a People function in an early stage environment.
- You enjoy developing, managing and leading a growing team.
- You have the experience and the confidence to make independent, well-informed decisions.
- You are a scrappy, proactive and resourceful problem solver.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, wearing many hats.
- You have exceptional listening, consultative and influencing skills. You have both gravitas and high EQ..
- You are a great communicator and relationship builder.
- You have stellar judgment, unimpeachable integrity and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trust.
- You fluently toggle between short-term practicalities and long- term vision; between lightheartedness and rigor; between being empathetic and being directive.
- You are the ultimate team player with an energetic, “can-do” attitude.
Benefits and Perks
- Assisted individual and family medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Free weekly team lunches
- Free monthly MTA
- Quarterly company events
- Company sponsored talks (recruiting and start-ups)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.