For over 65 years, pharmaceutical and biotech companies have partnered with Simtra BioPharma Solutions (Simtra) to bring their sterile injectable products to market.
Simtra is a world-class Contract Development Manufacturing Organization with facilities in Indiana, US and Halle/Westfalen, Germany. We offer a wide-range of delivery systems including prefilled-syringes, liquid/lyophilized vials, diluents for reconstitution, powder-filled vials, and sterile crystallization. Our product types include biologics and small molecules, cytotoxics, highly potent compounds, diluents for reconstitution and vaccines – which are all directly injected into patients worldwide. As such, at Simtra, there is a strong emphasis on quality and continuous improvement. We hold ourselves to the highest quality and regulatory standards.
While our primary focus is cGMP manufacturing, we offer many support services including formulation and development, lyophilization optimization, global regulatory support, and secondary packaging.
In addition to unmatched expertise and experience, we offer a uniquely collaborative approach. Clients look to Simtra as an extension of their own companies.
It is very rewarding industry to work in. Our teams are driven to help clients scale, innovate, and bring-life changing medicines to patients worldwide.
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for local deliveries via box truck, receiving, shipping, storage, inventory accuracy, and picking operations to support both internal and external operations, starting from receipt until final product shipment. Activities include conformance to Good Documentation Practices (GDPs), supporting warehouse cGMP compliance, working on powered industrial vehicles (PIV’s), and driving, loading/unloading Work-in-Process (WIP). Finished Goods (FG), and Raw Materials (RM) between the Baxter locations. The weekend Specialist supports production (for both Filling and Packaging operations) through staging and preparation of batches, truck driving/movement of materials, and working to keep inventory up to date. The Warehouse Specialist will cross train in all Supply Chain warehouses. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
What you'll do:
- Truck Driving: Will be required to drive company trucks for transport of material; will require a Chauffer’s license and must adhere to other requirements for drivers.
- Uses computer systems provided by company to initiate reports, track and transact inventory, and other activities.
- Coordinate movement of material, order picking, between warehouses and all company locations, at the correct product temperature.
- Proper completion of dangerous goods Bill of Lading (BOL) where required for carrying dangerous goods.
- Daily vehicle inspection and cleaning.
- Proper operation of temperature control unit.
- Proper downloading of truck data.
- Re-fueling trucks at assigned intervals.
- Adherence to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Dispensing of material from Raw Materials warehouse.
- Must be able to operate barcode scanning equipment.
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks, including BOL/pack slip verification and damage assessment.
- Proper packing of material for shipment.
- Utilization of various systems required to ship materials (FedEx, UPS computers).
- Proper documentation of shipping, receiving, or batch dispensing activities including active drug product and finished product.
- For all processes (Receiving, Shipping, Dispensing, Driving) receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation through material handlers and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Ability to travel to perform duties in multiple locations.
- Compliance with worldwide regulatory agencies Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and other company SOPs and regulatory agencies in conducting warehouse activities.
- Perform general duties of warehouse, including: cycle counting, temperature monitoring, work order picking, ERP navigation and use, inventory accuracy, material storage.
- Powered industrial truck (PIT) operation, including other material handling equipment.
- Respond to environmental chamber alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse and/or technical office experience required.
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Track wise, etc.)
- Must have (or obtain before start date) a chauffeur’s license.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift to support packing and warehouse activities.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Position may require sitting or standing for long hours.
- Position may require use of PIT equipment for long hours.
- Must be able to work in various temps up to -65 to -85 Celsius.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Simtra is an equal opportunity employer. Simtra evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Reasonable Accommodations Simtra is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.