For over 65 years, pharmaceutical and biotech companies have partnered with Simtra BioPharma Solutions (Simtra) to bring their sterile injectable products to market.
Simtra is a world-class Contract Development Manufacturing Organization with facilities in Indiana, US and Halle/Westfalen, Germany. We offer a wide-range of delivery systems including prefilled-syringes, liquid/lyophilized vials, diluents for reconstitution, powder-filled vials, and sterile crystallization. Our product types include biologics and small molecules, cytotoxics, highly potent compounds, diluents for reconstitution and vaccines – which are all directly injected into patients worldwide. As such, at Simtra, there is a strong emphasis on quality and continuous improvement. We hold ourselves to the highest quality and regulatory standards.
While our primary focus is cGMP manufacturing, we offer many support services including formulation and development, lyophilization optimization, global regulatory support, and secondary packaging.
In addition to unmatched expertise and experience, we offer a uniquely collaborative approach. Clients look to Simtra as an extension of their own companies.
It is very rewarding industry to work in. Our teams are driven to help clients scale, innovate, and bring-life changing medicines to patients worldwide.
The Production Support Associate supports the filling complex by ensuring the manufacturing environment is in a ready and safe state for operations execution. It is an entry level position primarily responsible for upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning & sanitizations of production workspaces, stocking, material movement, waste discard, and general building organization. Ability to follow daily standard work assignments, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and Good Documentation Practices (cGMP/GDP) is expected. The Production Support Operator position is an introduction in the pharmaceutical work environment and may be required to cross-train as a support operator for additional areas. This position reports directly to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified and surrounding areas to ensure manufacturing supplies are stocked and ready for use.
- Trash removal, including management of product waste and reject units
- Sanitizing production work areas
- Warehouse cleaning and upkeep, including environmental chambers
- Identify and correct safety hazards
- Monthly eyewash station flushing
- Pallet wrapping
- Material staging
- Locker room management
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the Bloomington Attendance Policy
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
Work Environment: Classified pharmaceutical environment wearing required gowning. Must be able to work safely with materials required to produce pharmaceutical products, including chemicals, compounds, glassware and sanitization solutions. Must be able to occasionally (1-33% of the time) work in a confined/clustered work space.
What you’ll bring:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English
This role is eligible for a $1000 Sign On Bonus to new hires who have not worked previously with Simtra BioPharma Solutions within the last 12 months.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to Lift and carry up to 70 lbs
- Must be able to push and pull up to 105 lbs
- Required to stand for up to 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Additional Requirement: Final candidates for Production Support Associate will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Simtra is an equal opportunity employer. Simtra evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Simtra is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.