Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about structural engineering and problem solving.
Our Structural Engineering division is currently looking to hire Spring 2020 and upcoming December 2020 graduates with a Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering in our Washington, DC office.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation of structures. As an entry-level hire, you will assist with new design, evaluation, investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. Essential duties include performing a wide range of structural engineering analysis and design tasks in steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures, assisting senior staff in on-site investigations to document existing conditions and determine root of problems; aiding senior staff during the construction administration phase of projects, and managing the preparation of drawings and specifications. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
What You'll Need:
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills required.
- FE/EIT certification, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities required.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software preferred (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- Enthusiasm and passion - consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity
- Communication - conveys information to internal and external clients clearly with excellent writing or oral skills.
- Problem-solving – capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, judgement and problem-solving tools.
- Accountability and responsibility - self-starter with willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Teamwork– work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Teachable – passionate and willingness for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email email@example.com.