Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about fire protection and problem solving.
SGH is committed to expanding its practice in Fire Protection Engineering by hiring a motivated Fire Protection Engineer in our Los Angeles, CA office. The professional will work under the direction of multiple licensed fire protection engineering principals throughout the country to provide technical guidance and participate in design, rehabilitation, and investigation on fire engineering projects.
What You'll Do:
- Provide fire protection engineering consulting services.
- Guide the growth and development of the fire protection engineering group at SGH.
- Manage the fire protection engineering staff.
- Recommend strategies to keep SGH at the leading edge of relevant technologies.
- Manage project work, including budgets, staff, and client relations.
- Provide support for and participate in forensic and litigation activities.
- Interface with building and fire officials.
- Market fire engineering services and develop business for fire protection engineering.
- Coordinate with other practice areas within SGH for the overall benefit of the company.
- Attend and assume leadership roles in identified local and national professional organizations.
- Prepare professional papers for publication.
What You'll Need:
- BS or MS in Fire Protection Engineering required
- 0-10 years of experience in fire protection engineering
- Professional Registration in fire protection engineering
- Smoke control testing experience is desired
- Extensive experience as project manager for different types of projects including building and fire code consulting; fire investigation; performance-based design; and fire, smoke, and egress modeling
- Working familiarity with fire and smoke modeling software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Commitment to embrace SGH’s standards for work product delivery
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.