Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about engineering and problem solving.
Our Building Technology division is always looking for great talent, and especially people who enjoy solving difficult problems. Currently, we're looking to speak with 2020 or upcoming 2021 graduates with a Bachelor of Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering to join our team in the Washington DC office.
What You’ll Do:
Building Technology is the application of engineering principles, physics, and materials science to the exterior envelope of buildings to make them durable, energy-efficient, and able to reliably resist water infiltration. As an Associate Project Consultant, under the direction of a licensed engineer, you will assist with new design, evaluation, investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. Essential duties include climbing ladders and scaffolds, the ability to work at great heights, and the ability to travel by car to multiple job sites. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 0 to 5 years of experience, EIT preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in building construction and solving engineering problems.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and enthusiasm for the work.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: building construction or an allied field, industrial rope access (rock climbing), mechanical repair, AutoCAD, Revit.
- Enthusiasm and passion - consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity.
- Communication - conveys information to internal and external clients clearly with excellent writing and oral skills.
- Problem-solving – capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, judgement and problem-solving tools.
- Accountability and responsibility - self-starter with willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Teamwork - work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Teachable – passionate and willingness for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, and work at great heights.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has 600 employees and offices in Boston; Chicago; Houston; New York City; San Francisco; Southern California; and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email email@example.com.