Simprints’ mission is to transform the way the world fights poverty. We build technology to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. We provide accurate, affordable, and secure identification tools to help NGOs, businesses and governments deliver essential services to their most vulnerable populations. We work with organisations such as Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, the Gates Foundation, USAID, DFID, and Gavi, and partner with organisations such as the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health, BRAC, Mercy Corps, Dimagi and D-Tree to achieve our mission. Simprints is currently on track to support over 8 million people access critical services by 2021.
Simprints is growing rapidly. We have proven that our technology can support partners in increasing the impact of their projects. With a new commercial strategy, new products coming on line, and expectations of 50% revenue growth year on year, we’re looking to take the next step and become a major player in the tech4dev space. If you think you could be the right person to help build a world-leading partnerships team, we want to hear from you.
Your role would focus on increasing our portfolio of partners around the world - governments, iNGOs, and funders to help us rapidly scale our impact. From one day to the next you might be meeting with senior officials of USAID in Washington DC, scoping a community healthcare project for mothers and children with an iNGO in Nigeria, negotiating the final terms of a partnership for a nation-wide project with a Ministry of Health, or presenting on stage in India to hundreds of ICT4D specialists. You’ll get the opportunity to travel a lot, as much as 30% of your time could be away from the office working with partners on bids. Your responsibilities would include:
- Developing partnerships with governments, iNGOs, and funders that will improve the lives of people around the world, while driving revenue for Simprints
- Conducting calls and in-country meetings with potential impact partners to identify their pain points and challenges, and explore how Simprints can add value to their work.
- Owning an opportunity from start to finish, including getting into the strongest consortium, developing a winning proposal, negotiating the budget, aligning with internal teams, and ultimately closing the deal!
- Creating lasting relationships through outbound work at industry events, conferences, and meetings around the globe.
- Supporting in developing, validating, and implementing a commercial strategy to help maximise impact while maintaining financial sustainability.
- Working within, and actively contributing to, an awesome team of Partnerships Managers who are committed to building the most effective business development team in the tech4dev sector
What skills and experience are ”must-haves” for this role?
- Extensive business development experience at the cross-section of global development and global health.
- A track record of closing $1M+ deals, as an individual and in a team.
- A deep understanding of the global development sector, and a track record of successfully collaborating with governments, iNGOs, and funders globally.
- Experience in the entire B2B/B2G opportunity life cycle: identifying, scoping, designing, budgeting, proposing, contracting, negotiating, closing
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal & written), and build strong relationships with a wide range of audiences
- A genuine persistence, allowing you to overcome setbacks, extract key learnings, and turn them into opportunities for growth.
Bonus points that would help you in this role
- Experience working, and ideally selling, in the tech4dev space.
- Experience working with bilateral funders such as USAID or DFID.
- An ability to work both independently and within a team setting, alongside a willingness to put team results above your own.
- Experience in people and task management
- Simprints’ objective is to transform the way the world fights poverty by building technology that can help partners truly verify their impact. We can only do this in collaboration with incredible partners across the globe. Lead us in developing these partnerships, and be a part of a team that is impacting millions of the most vulnerable individuals in the world.
- Work in a diverse team with 20+ nationalities among an overall group of 40+
- Collaborate with dedicated and talented partnerships managers committed to creating a platform for Simprints’ to achieve its mission
- Incredible perks
- Unlimited paid time off. Last year, the average Simprints employee took a total of 31 days off (annual leave plus UK bank holidays)
- See our tech in action by joining our deployments around the world: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, or Zimbabwe just to name a few
- Truly flexible working hours. More efficient late at night? That’s fine by us, start after lunch. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who get the job done between 9am and 5pm
- A generous budget to spend on learning. In the past, Simprints Partnerships Managers have spent this attending entrepreneurship conferences, enrolling in negotiation courses, participating in a week-long seminar on program design, and engaging in 1-1 professional coaching.
- Two ‘LEGO Days’ each quarter where you can work on any project you want. Past projects have ranged from attempting to build a dog house for our office (“open-dog” policy!! :-D), exploring image processing techniques, to building a LEGO train to deliver beer around the office
What to do next?
Traditional recruitment processes are open to a lot of subconscious bias: your name, where you studied, previous employers and a host of other factors can lead to your candidacy being treated differently to others. We’ve built a recruitment system that seeks to minimise that bias as much as possible.
To apply, go to www.simprints.com/careers and submit your CV (or, if you're already here, submit your CV through the links below - please note that Cover Letter is not required). You’ll receive a response and a link to a “Written Interview”. Not everyone is great at interviews, and we want to make sure that you have the best chance to show yourself off in the best light. Once we’ve received your answers to the written interview, we’ll then blind it and three of our team will mark it independently. Only once the marking is finished will we check your CV to make sure that your experience matches up with what we’re looking for.
The deadline for submitting your written interview answers is Tuesday 3rd December at midnight.