Simprints Technology Ltd
Cambridge CB4 0GA
Salary: £36,500 - 45,000
Open date: 3 September 2019
Close date: 2 October 2019
Simprints builds identification systems for the "last mile" that integrate accurate, safe, and robust biometric technology into existing mobile tools. We are working at the exciting interface of biometrics, technology and international development. Our goal is to radically disrupt the inaccurate way we currently track and deliver essential services, instead building a world where every person—not guesswork—counts in the fight against poverty.
We are looking for a Finance Director with outstanding analytical skills to drive our financial strategy and deliver insights that enable us to grow our global impact. You are forward-thinking, deeply collaborative, a quick learner, and thrive in a fast-paced, highly autonomous start-up environment. You will collaborate closely with the CEO and others across the team to develop and implement our financial strategy, including forecasting, analysis, and supporting revenue-generating opportunities. You have a track record of strategic thinking, taking initiative, and a demonstrated ability to dig into the detail, using trends and data patterns to identify opportunities for new ways of working that will drive scale, efficiency and growth.
What are your responsibilities?
As Simprints’ Finance Director, you will continue to evolve and maintain the fundamental financial systems within the organisation, working with the operations and commercial teams to plan for sustainable income generation, and ensuring that there are sufficient resources available to meet the company’s priorities. You will act as the team’s financial guardian and design, implement, and evaluate strategic plans to support Simprints’ financial success. There is a huge opportunity to expand and grow within the organisation, and for the right candidate this could mean the potential to take a leadership role within the executive team. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the finance function, ensuring proper administration of Simprints’ financial affairs, and advising and assisting the senior leadership on budget and financial planning strategies
- Leveraging a strong knowledge of the company’s financial model, systems and processes to act as a point of reference for leaders, practitioners and finance colleagues
- Working closely with senior leadership team to assist in developing Strategic Financial Plans, and forecasting short-term financial outlooks using a range of predictive tools
- Monitoring of the annual budget program including production of monthly financial reports for staff and senior leadership
- Ensuring effective administration of Simprints’ taxation, in particular VAT and R&D tax credits, patent box, as well as taxation requirements in countries Simprints operates in and how those interact with the UK and global taxation systems
- Working closely with the CEO and business teams on crafting commercial strategy within the global health & development sector, including interviewing key experts, partners, and mentors on the optimal financial approach
- Actively leading or supporting commercial activities such as diligence, investment, fundraising, and proposals
- Overarching leadership for Simprints’ financial strategy in pursuit of becoming a truly sustainable and scalable global social enterprise
What skills do you need?
At Simprints you will be working within a cross-functional team of passionate engineers and development professionals focused on different aspects of designing our products and deploying them in the field. Therefore, a deep-rooted commitment to collaborative problem solving, robust data-driven insights, and high quality communications is critical. Past experience with the requirements below, and the genuine desire to develop world-class skills, are the ideal fit.
- Academic background. Relevant degree or equivalent experience in subject areas including Statistics, Mathematics, Business
- Professional qualifications. Ideally a relevant professional qualification (CIMA or ACA), and 2-3 years’ experience post qualification
- Experience. Experience in a commercially focused role. Time with (forward-thinking) finance functions is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong analytical skills. Technical experience with financial analysis and business modelling, coupled with a deep fundamental competence in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data accurately.
- Problem-solving. Distinctive problem solving skills and good financial judgment. You are capable of translating analysis into business recommendations, and your track record shows a bias to action.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Ability to craft precise information in both presentation and written formats. We work with a diverse range of team members from all over the world, and you need to be able to clearly communicate across functions, disciplines, and backgrounds.
- Project management. Our goals are ambitious. To achieve them, we need to be able to design, structure, and implement exciting initiatives quickly. You understand time is our most valuable resource, and can manage it strategically to achieve maximum impact for Simprints, and as a consequence improve the lives of our beneficiaries.
What to do next?
Please submit your CV via www.simprints.com/careers. You will then receive an email linking you through to a technical assessment that all candidates will be required to complete. Please note that the deadline for the assessment is Wednesday 2 October.