Everyone deserves to feel safe and secure in their own home. That’s why SimpliSafe is on a mission to bring high-tech home security to every household at a price that’s more affordable than ever before.
Whether the goal is protecting your family, pets or prized possessions, SimpliSafe’s system of easy-to-install products combined with professional monitoring services gives you the ultimate peace of mind that won’t break the bank.
Why are we hiring? SimpliSafe has experienced rapid growth and is looking for the best talent to come onboard as we scale up.
About the Role
SimpliSafe’s Ecommerce team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of our ecommerce store, with the goal of making it more intuitive for users of all backgrounds to choose and purchase the right security system. As an individual contributor embedded in a squad, you will be part partner with product management, engineering leads, to design, test and iterate. You will work in a conversion-focused, experimentation-centered environment – so if you love coming up with great ideas to test and get excited to drive business results, this job is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Create design assets including product wireframes and pixel perfect dev ready handoff
- Manage design iterations. You will take broad problems and distill them down to design solutions, iterate, and hand-off to engineering
- Understand customer problems in depth and know that what they ask for and what they actually need are two different things
- Utilize data driven insights to better understand user scenarios, wants vs. needs.
- Be a voice of the customer by gathering potential requirements and turning them into measurable solutions
- Be responsible for design workshops and feedback sessions, structure and lead user testing
- Ensure the quality of our UI/UX through direct usability and prototyping tests
- Collaborate with business, marketing and analytics stakeholders and ensure consistent and accurate communication
- Shape the design culture & vision for a small, but growing product team.
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of digital product design experience (experience in D2C ecommerce a huge plus)
- Track record of producing data-informed, effective UX that delivers measurable outcomes for the customer and the business
- Experience in an experimentation (A/B testing) focused environment
- Experience running user research studies
- Experience partnering with product, engineering, and analytics teams
- Experience building and maintaining a design system
- Highly skilled in Figma
- Curious about design trends and have a POV
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and storytelling skills
- An online portfolio showcasing the end-to-end design process, from inception to production. Your portfolio should highlight your approach to problem solving and ideally demonstrate experience achieving business outcomes with research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design. Candidates without online portfolios will not be considered.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.