We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Team & Role
The Product Engineering team owns the architecture, design and implementation of all the hardware and firmware for the Simplisafe home security systems. SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to take a leading design role in the development of our SimpliSafe alarm system and camera products. In this role, you will be architecting and overseeing the hardware design or redesign of new and existing products.
- Be responsible for the engineering design and delivery of one of our security products.
- Research the competitive and next generation landscape.
- Dive deep into any area that could help our existing systems improve in quality or lower in cost.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to distill core product features into functional specifications.
- Work closely with device software and cloud software architects to design hardware that meets software functional needs.
- Software and embedded system architecture design contribution.
- Mechanical system architecture design contribution.
- Generating hardware requirement specifications.
- Maintaining a balance between compelling features, component longevity, time to market and cost.
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts and teams to deliver on whole product development projects.
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Have a BS in ME, EE, CE or equivalent with > 8 years of relevant experience.
- Solid track record of delivering hardware from concept to design and through mass production
- Have experience in product development of a IoT type of product
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Are proficient with interpreting requirements from multiple individuals into a workable concept.
- Are an effective communicator (written and verbally).
- Can establish credible depth in your technical area of expertise.
- Have experience working with overseas contract manufacturing in high volume IoT consumer product design.
- Have deep technical expertise in embedded product design.
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills, experienced in board bring-up.
- Have knowledge of MCUs, CPUS and general embedded computing design
- Have knowledge of common IoT wireless protocols such as Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc.
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
Come work with the fast growing, passionate team at SimpliSafe. We have a fun work environment, competitive compensation, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation. Learn and play with all of our existing and upcoming IoT devices such as cameras, doorbells, locks, integrations and more. Our offices are located downtown, right next to the State Street stop on the Orange and Blue lines, within walking distance from North and South stations.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future