SimpliSafe’s Device Platform organization is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Device Control team. This team is responsible for many of the systems that manage the critical interactions between our cloud environment and the security devices in customers’ homes. In this team, you’ll help us maintain the high degrees of reliability and performance needed to make every home secure, while supporting the introduction of exciting new security devices and capabilities for years to come.
- Directly manage a team of 5-7 developers.
- Hire and grow world-class people for your team.
- Collaborate with product owners to translate business requirements into platform capabilities that deliver value for our customers - both now and in the future.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the team. Ensure continuous delivery of customer value. Maintain a high level of technical excellence and reliability by working directly with your team every sprint.
- Help create a technical vision that maximizes security for our customers and flexibility for our business. Guide your team to deliver on that vision.
The ideal candidate has experience leading agile teams and a passion for developing people and acting as a force multiplier, while having the technical strength to get in the weeds and accurately assess and grow team and individual performance.
- Be collaborative by nature
- Be adept at building consensus to solve technical and organizational challenges
- Enjoy challenges and problem solving, helping to scale your team’s work and accelerate delivery via continuous improvement
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with a track record of delivering flexible, reliable, cloud-based APIs
- 1-2 years of people management experience
- Experience with NodeJS, TypeScript and AWS is preferred but not required
- Experience in an IoT environment is helpful but not required
We are a technology start-up growing in the heart of Boston, but with an international footprint. We design, manufacture, and sell a line of wireless home security systems. Our technology and service platform is giving millions of Americans the ability to protect their homes and families without the hassles, contracts and fees charged by traditional home security.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry.
Benefits & perks
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.