At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, and supporting our Operations team is an integral part of that mission. We’re looking for an Operations IT Manager who can lead IT for our Contact and Fulfillment centers. Our ideal candidate will be strategic to help shape our future technology plans, hands-on to help support our rapid growth, and a leader/mentor for our Operations IT engineers. You will be responsible for managing a 24/7 technology operation in a 90% Mac environment that supports the safety and security of our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our excellent Operations-facing IT engineers
- Oversee Contact Center and 24/7 Internal Monitoring Center launch
- Act as an escalation point for system outages or difficult tickets
- Partner closely with other support teams across SimpliSafe
- Monitor ticket trends and implement solutions for common issues/requests
- Anticipate and solve for the future IT needs of our operation’s employees
- Guide technology projects, like new tool rollouts or process improvements
- Develop strategies for deployment, administrative support, and integrity of SimpliSafe end user computing ecosystem.
- Build and maintain standard operating procedures for IT implementation and business practices.
- Expand reporting on support operations and leverage data to propose initiatives that reduce cost and improve efficiency.
- Have at least 10 years of IT experience, with 2+ years of management experience
- Have experience working in a high-uptime environment, preferably 24/7
- Be knowledgeable in Mac troubleshooting as we are a 90% Mac environment
- Proven track record managing end user support for rapidly growing companies
- Fit right into a collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done
- Have superior problem-solving skills in complex IT environments
- Enjoy building new processes and improving existing ones
- Have a humble, calm, always-learning mindset
- Be a natural communicator, verbally and in writing
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Managing 24/7 IT support operations
- Supporting macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS environments
- Knowledge in MDM tools like Jamf
- Okta SSO integration and Jira Service Desk
- Navigating G Suite and other SaaS tools
- Working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Managing a change management program
- Configuring and using SAML authentication
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.