Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe is seeking a Sr. Director, Engineering & Operations Strategy. This position will have responsibility for SimpliSafe’s overall Engineering & Operations Strategy and the program management of critical initiatives across the Engineering and Operations organizations. You will lead cross-functional teams scaling product development across SimpliSafe through driving critical programs, aligning cross-functional teams across Engineering, Operations and Product and proactively unblocking obstacles by solving complex challenges.. Reporting to the Chief Technology and Operations Officer, the Sr. Director, Engineering & Operations Strategy is a newly created role and a unique opportunity to build scalable solutions as we evolve to a global $1BB plus company and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Act as an advisor and partner to CTOO stepping up to fill key gaps and opportunities across the organization managing ad hoc projects and analysis, program management priorities and initiatives.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Operations, Product and Design on efficient operational processes including planning, execution and reviews
- Partner with Engineering and Operations leadership to help define strategies and prioritize, based on value creation potential and opportunity size.
- Drive the annual business planning and prioritization process and work closely with the executive leadership team to shape strategic priorities
- Own dashboards and reporting for the organization partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business.
- Build connections with key leaders across the company to enable strong communication and collaboration
- Build and lead a distributed team including strategists and customer success engineering.
What You’ll Need
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep Experience with stakeholder management.
- Diverse experience across the engineering and operations domain.
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence, and collaborate at all organizational levels.
- Ability to take initiative and work on a team.
- Ability to take complex, ambitious topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills with excellent business judgment.
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.