Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
And the next challenge we're tackling is the critical alarm moment by launching our own Monitoring Central Station in Richmond. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking candidates to help us execute that transformation.
To support our soon to be open internal monitoring center in Richmond, VA, SimpliSafe is looking for trainers to prepare our dispatchers to handle real life alarm events and provide an excellent customer experience to our growing customer base.
What You’ll Do
The perfect candidate will be a self-starter with a proven track record of working cross-functionally to create and facilitate training programs in a home security environment. In this role you’ll partner with larger Monitoring site leadership and the enablement team (Content, QA, Instructional Design) to make sure our team of dispatchers are ready to both handle real life alarm events and guide our customers, acting as true SimpliSafe experts and brand ambassadors.
From building and facilitating new hire training, to teaching product knowledge, to improving soft skills and developing a data driven upskill cadence, you’ll be the face of preparing our monitoring staff for their jobs in their first 30 days and beyond!
Prior experience in alarm monitoring / dispatching or a similar business model is prefered.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including including training, directly handling and/or managing teams of dispatchers handling alarm events
- Proven ability to build, nurture and iterate training programs from the ground up (tie metrics to behaviors, ROI…)
- Understanding of adult learning and coaching best practices and how to apply and teach them to dispatchers and supervisors alike
- Experience in in a virtual training environment inclusive of tools (Adobe Connect, Class.com, Zoom) and strategies
- Proven ability to conduct skill-building refreshers, providing feedback to leadership on strengths, opportunities and behavioral trends
- Skilled in workshop creation and delivery, with a focus on role-play and practice scenarios
- Willingness to embrace ambiguity and the opportunity to build
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and proficiency with leading Monitoring software & Enablement (LMS, CMS ) tools, with the ability to create efficiencies and track participation and documented knowledge
- Understanding of the Enablement function and how it fits into and drives a customer centric company’s mission
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of working in a SAAS and/or subscription based revenue model
- Passion for our mission of Every Home Secure
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels of an organization
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Professional, confident, and enthusiastic demeanor
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.