We are looking for a Principal QA Automation Engineer who is excited to get into the guts of our products and services. This role involves many moving pieces throughout an integrated system. You will be working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, debugging, and finessing our full stack of devices and services. Some technologies we work with include cameras, PIR sensors, WiFi/cell modules, microservices (informed by multiple data stores, message buses, and cache instances). We’re looking for someone passionate about learning the intricacies of an integrated embedded system and can lead discussions around qualitative and quantitative testing processes. As the QA automation lead, you will develop appropriate test strategies by partnering with Software Development Engineers, Product Management, and other internal stakeholders to understand the product vision, requirements, and customer usage models.
Our ideal candidate is willing to adapt, learn and grow to the needs of our fast-scaling company. You will be challenged to lead conversations around processes and assess risk. If you enjoy challenges, this full stack is an enormous opportunity for you to grow and make a huge impact.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collaborate with Product teams to strategize and align long-term solutions for test automation including roadmaps, tools, frameworks, and approaches
- Architect and design test automation solutions, develop automation frameworks, and lead the implementation of test strategies, test plans, and test executions
- Establish strong working relationships with Dev and platform teams to enhance automated testing and quality coverage
- Influence architecture decisions across Simplisafe to improve quality overall
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
WHAT DO YOU POSSESS?
- 8+ years of experience with software development for a Software-as-a-Service product company, 3+ years in an object-oriented language such as Java or C#. Strong understanding of developer workflows and software development lifecycles, and the ability to translate that understanding to effecting change in testing culture
- A passion for high quality product and excellent customer experience
- A deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Experience working and managing Agile teams
- Experience working with remote/distributed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant technical discipline, or equivalent industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.