The mission of SimpliSafe is to keep every home secure. It is our belief that being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and so user-friendly that they can be set up by anyone in minutes. In addition to our great products, SimpliSafe offers seamless 24/7 professional monitoring services, without the long-term contracts nor sky-high prices of traditional alarm companies. Simply put, we’re on an industry-disruptive mission to keep every home safe.
Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. In 2014, we were ranked in The Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US with a 3,000%+ three-year growth rate. In July 2020, CNET named SimpliSafe the best do-it-yourself alarm system. Fast forward to today, we protect over 2 million Americans and that number is fast rising. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge.
SimpliSafe Finance is on a transformation journey, modernizing our financial systems, processes, and capabilities. We're looking for a Senior Accountant to help us shape all aspects of our general ledger and financial reporting. You will play a key role in our business transformation efforts as we scale on a high-growth trajectory and will have the opportunity to work on projects that revamp and modernize the end-to-end accounting and financial reporting cycles. This is a fast-paced and dynamic role and will offer exposure to many different areas of accounting and finance.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you will work with the various Accounting teams and be responsible for supporting the acceleration and maturation of our monthly-close process by streamlining tasks, automating reporting and enhancing controls. You will seek to reinvent and/or optimize our work streams as you strive to gain new efficiencies and challenge the status quo. If you are a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment, this is an opportunity to have a high impact on a fast-growing company!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce the monthly-close timeline while enhancing the accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Assist in the creation of detailed narratives of procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal quality controls
- Lead accounting projects and provide technical accounting support on various business transactions and complex accounting matters
- Assist with the preparation and review of reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement account fluctuations and investigate with appropriate personnel
- Help prepare quarterly financial statements and provide accounting support on financial reporting projects
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as required
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in public and/or private accounting
- CPA certification and Big 4 accounting experience highly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Track record of identifying process improvements and independently driving them from identification to implementation
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a self-starter
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora, and/or Coupa is a major plus
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.