Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
And the next challenge we're tackling is the critical alarm moment by launching our own Monitoring Central Station in Richmond. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking candidates to help us execute that transformation.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and an empathetic human touch, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. Guided by the objectives and long-term strategy of the company and reporting to the Director of Monitoring Operations, this position supports the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and team leadership processes in place to effectively serve and communicate with SimpliSafe’s customer base during the alarm moment.
We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking experienced operational leaders to help us execute that transformation.
What You'll Do:
Responsible for the overall management, administration and performance of Monitoring Operations during scheduled shift. This includes operations, programs and services for SimpliSafe’s internal and working with vendor supported monitoring operations. Work responsibilities include scheduling, managing, controlling the activities of the Monitoring Operations Supervisors team during assigned shift, as well as Monitoring Experience Specialists in SimpliSafe’s Monitoring center located in Richmond, VA.
- Effectively lead the Monitoring Operations function through management of Supervisor team during scheduled shifts in SimpliSafe’s Richmond, VA monitoring center.
- Maintain best in class operating service levels during assigned shift to meet and exceed CSAA Five-Diamond and UL Certification for Central Station Operations at the site.
- Partner with Director or Monitoring Operations to provide workforce management, data science and analytics team information to maintain proper Operator scheduling ratios to meet defined customer service and monitoring metrics.
- Provide information to the Director of Monitoring Operations that assists in the development, communication, and implementation of programs designed to continually improve Monitoring Operations and experience strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team of Monitoring Experience Supervisors during assigned shift. Provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Effectively communicate to your Supervisor team information provided to you from your Director of Monitoring Operations.
- Work with Supervisor team to provide employee QA reviews, as well as personnel development meetings.
- Work with Training department and Supervisor Team in assisting with initial onboarding of new Specialists
- At times, partnering with recruiting teams during recruiting initiatives and events.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Monitoring Experience Center.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to engender respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of customer facing employee leadership experience, with 3+ years leading large scale Alarm Monitoring Center, Technical Support or Customer Service, Account Management, and/or high touch Sales agent employee populations
- Experience managing call center within an organization that has multiple sites
- Experience driving performance at with internal personnel assigned to your team
- Demonstrated track record hiring, developing, and retaining employees, including those at the Manager and Supervisor level
- Problem solver, ability to utilize strategic thinking to achieve long-term company goals, including drive customer experience
- Ability to set priorities and execute work in a fast-paced environment
- Driven, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity
- Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to develop effective, positive interpersonal relationships
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
*Required shift* - Wed-Sun - 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.