Reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer, Senior Director, Marketing Analytics, is a new role and will be a key contributor to the marketing leadership team and SimpliSafe on how analytics and insights impact marketing and ecommerce strategy and execution. This role manages a team of analysts and data scientists providing reporting and insights on performance of marketing investments.
The role sets the strategy and direction of Marketing Analytics and Data Science at SimpliSafe. The role requires a deep understanding and experience of marketing performance and customer analytics. Experience with digital marketing data and reporting, as well as marketing attribution through MTA and Marketing Mix Modeling is required. Experience managing data science to build customer and media models is critical. This role requires the ability to direct external agency teams to deliver key reporting and insights as well as build internal capabilities. Candidates must be able to communicate insights well to the Executive and Leadership levels and to collaborate with key stakeholders on ongoing projects and scoping of new work.
In this role, the problems may range across various stages of the customer lifecycle (Acquisition, CRM), marketing channels (TV, DM, Digital Channels, etc.), marketing levers (product, pricing, promotions, placement and convenience) and business economics (Spend Optimization, Budgeting and Planning). As a leader, you will have the opportunity to develop the frameworks and roadmaps to solve these problems in an efficient way, work with the stakeholders to align on priorities, and closely work your team to build the best-fitted data-driven solutions. These solutions will include (but will not be limited to) using statistical techniques to design experiments, measuring long term impact of those experiments, developing state of the art ML driven solutions, building optimization frameworks, etc. In this role, you will also closely work with the team of data engineers, product management and software developers to build the backend for ML frameworks and automate those solutions.
What You'll Do
- Manage the analytics and data science practices for business problems such as media mix modeling, cross-channel spend optimization, multi touch attribution, propensity, net lift, causal inference, structural equation modeling, forecasting etc.
- Drive traffic, sales, and margin by enabling customer insights, and marketing analytics.
- Responsible for collecting reporting/analysis requirements, working with the engineering team to ensure proper data flows, and partnering with marketing teams to provide clear strategic recommendations to drive incremental results.
- Development and monitoring of marketing and campaign performance that aligns with overall marketing annual goals ensuring return on objectives.
- Develops ongoing performance metrics including the ROI of marketing effectiveness in the long term and short term.
- Develops a clearer understanding of the impacts of marketing on Brand and influences marketing strategy.
- Sets vision and implementation of all methods of attribution for media performance, and informs investment decisions.
- Creates a marketing data and dashboarding environment that democratizes information across the organization.
- Utilize Media Mix Modeling and Attribution Models to drive strategy decisions.
- Build out customer journey’s that enable optimization of multi-touch marketing programs across all forms of media (digital, social, direct, etc.).
- Develop and lead analytic intake and prioritization system and ensure the consistency and quality of analytical deliverables, including appropriate QA processes.
- Build a daily forecast model based on past performance, macro trends, and media mix, as well as taking into account new insights about key levers.
- Continue to explore inputs to the forecast model to increase accuracy and better understand the drivers of our business.
- Participate in the S&OP process by sharing forecasts and understanding the levers to modify as necessary.
- Full people management responsibility including, inspire and attract talent, support performance, recognize and celebrate, empower development, and model the SimpliSafe Values
- Lead and develop a team of in-house analysts; identify and manage key outside resources to help supplement in-house team from a capacity and expertise standpoint
- Leads team in development of storytelling and insight generation to support all marketing campaign analysis.
What You'll Need
- 15+ years overall experience, with demonstrated track record of translating advanced analytics and data, and articulating key insights to create value and improve business performance
- 5-8 years of Management experience in analytics
- 5+ years Data Science, Customer Modeling and Segmentation Experience
- Past experience executing analytics projects end-to-end, from definition through findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Proven track record of developing campaign strategies, executing, measuring, and delivering performance insights
- Past success establishing measurement frameworks for campaigns across various paid media channels (paid social, search, display), as well as owned channels
- Experience rolling out data-driven marketing campaigns using iterative A/B test designs.
- Expertise with advanced analytic and data science techniques and modeling.
- Strong experience with digital marketing analytics including site analytics, ad serving data and attribution.
- Expertise in measurement of marketing, across digital, search, social, and all forms of media.
- Strong understanding of ROI and financial measures including the use of Econometric modeling.
- Strong knowledge of statistical modeling capabilities for marketing measurement/segmentation and testing.
- Ability to deliver executive level insights and presentations through storytelling.
- Strong technical skills are required, including experience with SQL, data mining, data visualization, and designing analytics/reporting data layers.
- Understanding of digital marketing, social, and advertising technologies, such as Google Marketing Platform, Google Ad Manager, Social Ad Managers, AppsFlyer, and/or Braze.
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.