Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
The Sr Manager of Technical Support will provide leadership to the broader contact center organization around effective technical troubleshooting across the full SimpliSafe product portfolio. This leader will engage at multiple levels across the business and play a critical role in driving improved business results through lower return & replacement rates, as well as driving an improved Customer Experience.
By creating strong partnerships throughout the organization with both internal contact center & support teams and outside engineering teams, as well as through the direct management of our top tier technical support teams, this individual will have an important voice at the table and role in helping to execute on our 5 year strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manage our highest level of technical support agents – creating the agent profile & building the career path to effectively develop and source internal talent as well as recruit effective resources from outside the business
- Understand in a detailed way the top technical support issues that require engineering support to solve, advocate for the timely resolution of those issues for customers, and effectively convey known issues to our front line teams
- Partner with our knowledge management teams to ensure a regular review of agent resources for effectiveness
- Work with our engineering, product & customer success teams to communicate & help to resolve issues filtering up through the contact center
- Monitor replacement rates in the contact center, and work with front line leaders to actively manage that metric
- Assess the overall organizational needs of the function and build effective business cases around organization & other initiatives
- Engage as part of the contact center leadership team to drive overall improvement across the organization
- Analyze and report data and project status to internal stakeholders, management, and C-Suite as needed
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart
- 7-10 years of experience in a role focused on high level technical support from in a leadership role
- Proven experience to deliver real business results
- Able to build strong, collaborative relationships across the organization and create effective routines to communicate issues & drive issue resolution
- Excellent writing, powerpoint, & presentation skills are a must
- Experience interacting and presenting at all different levels of an organization, up to & including C-suite
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in building new processes & structures where none existed before
- Contact center knowledge or experience a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact within all levels of the organization
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects
- Detail oriented, excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing collaborative business teams and leading by influence
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.