Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe is headquartered in Boston, MA where we landed on Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2021”, and we look forward to making our mark as an employer of choice in the Richmond market.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and an empathetic human touch, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking Customer Loyalty team members to help us execute that transformation.
Are you a self-motivated worker that thrives in a competitive atmosphere where true success is knowing that you’ve raised the bar on performance? Do you enjoy working with a highly skilled team of top performers all working towards not just meeting goals, but pushing past them? If you get personal satisfaction for helping people make smart decisions for their home security, being a Customer Retention Consultant is right for you.
What You’ll Do
- Preserve SimpliSafe customers and their safety by developing an understanding of their home security needs and providing them with personalized monitoring solutions via inbound phone calls
- Take and apply feedback from coaches and leaders to continuously improve performance
- Communicate with exemplary interpersonal skills in the workplace
- Comfort with technology and ability to provide technical assistance for basic consumer electronics and software is critical
- Empathize with customers to convey our high level of care
- Ability to work well independently and also in a team environment
- Requires the ability to follow direction and expertly address any customer concerns
- Collaborate with team members to help reach high level team goals
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of proven success in a sales or customer retention role
- Proven ability to consistently meet and exceed individual metrics
- Comfortability talking about technical and safety issues
- Great problem solving skills - to help our customers understand why SimpliSafe is right for them, you need to have a great understanding of the product
- Proven record of outstanding attendance and timeliness in a structured environment
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals
- Clear and effective phone communication skills to ensure all customer issues are resolved
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and eager for continuous improvement
- Strong commitment to customer happiness and satisfaction
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.