We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Cloud Engineering organization to lead our Cloud Operations team. Cloud Operations enables SimpliSafe Software Platform teams to deliver more value to our customers and stakeholders through promotion of best practices, coaching of the values of DevOps, and creation of tools that support them. We deliver tools and information in order to help teams build better solutions, delivered faster, with fewer defects, that secure the safety of tens of millions of people.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring, and developing the team in the continued development of our core principles of automation, reproducibility, scalability, testability, and security. You will work with cross-functional teams to evangelize and develop the same principles throughout the Engineering organization.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we would love to hear from you!
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to understand their priorities and provide visibility into delivery toward their objectives.
- Help define the work of the team, prioritize it, plan sprints, and manage the backlog.
- Balance team allocation across multiple projects.
- Conduct retrospectives and blameless postmortems to learn from experience.
- Identify and continuously improve team performance on key metrics around delivery, scalability, and availability.
- Coach direct reports to develop them in their contributions and their careers. Collaborate on goals, provide helpful feedback, discover learning and growth opportunities.
- Be excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, proactive, no-ego approach to getting work done
- Hands-on coach that leads by example.
- Have a proven track record of success in growing, building, mentoring and supporting global DevOps and Networking teams
- Have at least 10 years of DevOps experience, including 4+ years leading a team
- Have superior problem-solving skills in complex, highly available, production environments
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible for balancing team allocation across multiple projects.
- Experience working on an Agile Scrum team.
- Eager to provide technical guidance and education to team members and coworkers on DevOps best practices.
- Lead process improvements, onboarding, and growth of team members through empowering and transparent leadership.
- Proven track record with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and automating cloud solutions. Extra points for Terraform experience.
- Experience in an IoT and microservices environment.
- Have worked within PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA or other compliance specifications.
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, layer 3 and layer 7 load balancing and routing.
- Ability to design and implement globally available and redundant services.
- Leverage network technologies to achieve scale and latency requirements.
- Experience creating scalable infrastructure in a multi-account AWS/cloud organization