SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Product Quality Engineer to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. This role will be a critical part of the Manufacturing Operations team, helping to drive quality into our design and supply chain.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for new product introduction quality, manufacturing quality, and field quality.
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Manufacturing teams throughout the product life cycle to drive quality improvements into development and manufacturing.
- Work with product management and engineering to develop usage models for new products.
- Use DFMEA and PFMEA methodologies with the engineering design and manufacturing teams to identify risks and implement solutions.
- Establish end-to-end product quality measurements and KPI’s across suppliers, contract manufacturers, warehouse, and customers. Hold SimpliSafe engineering and factories accountable to achieve them.
- Develop and execute product quality test plans to validate new product quality at all phases of the development life cycle. Prepare for all new product prototype builds and ensure product designs meet their performance goals.
- Establish quality plans for all new products and validate existing quality plans.
- Improve quality by building upon the existing quality system and driving a culture of continuous improvement throughout SimpliSafe.
- Develop ongoing reliability test plans for products and continuously review data to ensure quality levels are met.
- Establish a data-based field quality detection process, determine root causes of field issues, and lead a team through resolution and implementation. Create a field return rate prediction model for new products using prototype build data and existing field data.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years in the manufacturing and development of consumer electronics.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships.
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Broad experience with quality improvement methods including Design of Experiments, statistical process control methods, Lean/Six Sigma, root cause analysis.
- Experience implementing DFMEA and PFMEA methodologies into the development life cycle.
- Experience with reliability methods and quality statistical sampling.
- Experience working with external manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites. Ability to travel internationally 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or MBA
- Project management experience
- Experience with Asian manufacturing
- Finance/business experience with an understanding of the impact of quality on cost.