At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, and supporting our growing internal user base is an integral part of that mission. We’re looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our team - you will solve challenging technical problems for our global SimpliSafe workforce and help the team implement new initiatives and automation across our technology stack.
What you’ll do:
- Tackle complex IT challenges across the entire breadth of the company
- Lead technology projects, e.g. new tool discovery, implementation & rollout, organizational process enhancements
- Solve complex technical end-user problems: hardware, software, and cloud-based tools
- Partner closely with teams across SimpliSafe to solve for the one end-user and/or for the entire organization - solving locally and thinking globally
- Scale self-service and knowledge adoption through documentation (how-to guides, policies, etc)
- Lean forward with the latest IT best practices and technology trends, in a SaaS/cloud environment
- Have at least 8 years of IT experience
- Fit right into a collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done
- Have significant experience supporting a SaaS / cloud environment
- Be able to triage and re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- Be a natural communicator, verbally and in writing
- Have superior problem-solving skills in complex IT environments
- Enjoy building new processes and improving existing ones
- Have a humble, calm, always-learning mindset
- Be willing to pitch in from the bottom to the top - whether it’s snaking cables through walls, testing keyboards, or working on challenging technical projects
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Supporting macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS environments
- Building relationships with third-party vendors/services/carriers
- Configuring SSO/SAML authentication (we’re a OneLogin shop)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!