SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Customer Insights Analyst will work within SimpliSafe’s Customer Experience department to explore relationships between customer data and key outcomes of interest. Entails close cross-functional collaboration with engineering and data analysts across the company, as well as partnership with the stakeholders who will consume the output of the work. Involves understanding and documenting data sources, identifying ways to transform and join data sources to provide the desired insights, creating dashboards in Tableau to provide visibility into key metrics, building dashboards in Tableau to explore relationships between customer data and outcomes of interest, and formally presenting findings from analyses to stakeholders within the department and across the business. Success is defined as thoughtful, accurate, and timely delivery of analyses, both as requested by stakeholders and as independently driven.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with producers of data sources (Engineering, Data Engineering, and Data Transformation teams) to develop a deep understanding of SimpliSafe’s data, how it is populated and stored, and what it means
- Align with a Data Transformation Analyst on the shared responsibility of transforming raw data sources into data sources usable for analyses
- Frequently meet with stakeholders to understand their data and analytics needs and develop plans to deliver analyses to satisfy those needs
- Manage a pipeline of business intelligence projects and analyses in Jira, and provide updates and documentation to give visibility to stakeholders
- Build dashboards in Tableau to provide visibility into key business metrics and to visualize analyses
- Help stakeholders understand and interpret relationships between customer data and business outcomes of interest
- Present and/or publish findings from analyses to senior-level stakeholders and executives
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar BI platforms)
- Proficiency in SQL (or similar database query languages)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages)
- Experience working in a consumer products or subscription business