We are seeking a dynamic, driven product marketer to focus on building the strategy behind our portfolio of new and existing products and services at SimpliSafe. In this role you will lead the product marketing efforts, with principal responsibility for product strategy and positioning, messaging, sales enablement, planning, research, and thought leadership.
The ideal candidate will combine a metrics-driven performance mindset with customer-centricity and great collaboration skills. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and product management, and with colleagues across the organization, including Strategy, Brand Marketing, Retail, Sales, and Business Intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Product strategy and roadmap: Define priority products including key features and pricing guidance. Work with Product Management to convey desired features and requirements. Define role and importance in the portfolio and monitor through sales, attach rates, and other key metrics.
- Product Economics: Incorporate product and subscription economics, cannibalization, pricing and promotions in developing plans.
- Product positioning: Develop differentiated positioning and messaging based upon customer and competitor understanding.
- Execution: Ensure operationally efficient and zero error launches by defining a launch playbook and partnering across the organization to deliver.
- Voice of the customer: Be the expert on our customers, uncovering insights that guide the marketing roadmap including key features and benefits that lead to breakthrough messaging, accelerated service adoption & differentiated GTM tactics.
- Manage product success: Evaluate performance through unit sales as well as customer satisfaction. Identify and prioritize quality initiatives to improve product satisfaction and merchandising initiatives to improve sales.
- Go to market: Define go to market strategy at a portfolio and new product level. Provide input to brand and product architecture related decisions. Develop comprehensive customer facing launch plans and work with internal partners to execute.
What you'll need:
- Ability to create and implement new go-to-market processes in a scaling organization
- Track record in growing existing products as well as launching new products leveraging core customer insights and innovative marketing approaches
- 7+ years of progressive product marketing experience, including demonstrated success positioning & promoting new product, hardware & service offerings
- Marketing expert with a holistic view of the business--may come from an MBA, consulting background, or natural curiosity
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (Experience in writing succinct and effective briefs based on core customer insights and a tight strategy)
- Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on