Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Vice President Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Engineering will provide functional leadership for supply chain strategy, warehousing/logistics, direct procurement, manufacturing / new product introduction, trade compliance, site safety, quality and employee engagement. Collaborating with key stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization in driving SimpliSafe’s best in class supply chain agenda. We are looking for a strategic thought leader who will optimize and build us to scale to a $1BB global company and beyond. This is an opportunity to elevate and optimize the function and drive strategic change.
What You’ll Do:
- Accountable for the SimpliSafe supply chain strategy, operations, and outcomes, including planning, direct procurement, manufacturing, safety, quality, warehousing/fulfillment, logistics, and returns.
- Establish a multi-years SimpliSafe Supply Chain strategy and roadmap that enables SimpliSafe to achieve its three year vision.
- Own the relationship, sourcing, spend, and margins with contract manufacturers, joint design manufacturers, and all logistics providers, including third parties.
- Ensure the supply chain is secure and able to withstand geopolitical issues and commodity constraints.
- Establish a new production system to ensure consistent new product introductions and to consistently meet quality expectations and customer expectations.
- Lead, manage and improve the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP).
- Develop and improve all new product development and introduction processes at the Joint Design Manufacturers (JDM).
- Manage cost, delivery and quality for all new product introduction and existing products at SimpliSafe.
- Guide the manufacturing operations leaders and manufacturing development engineering in NPD/NPI engagements from program kickoff to production and ensure a timely and successful program launch.
- Create and maintain scalable assembly, test, fulfillment, postponement, and repair/refurbishment processes for all SimpliSafe products.
- Establish the manufacturing voice of the product team, leading the manufacturing efforts of a global team consisting of product and manufacturing quality engineering, process development and engineering, test development and engineering, commodity and custom part sourcing, EMS/CM sourcing, and product engineering to achieve the cost, quality, and delivery goals of new SimpliSafe products
- Responsible for new product introduction quality, manufacturing quality, and field quality as well as continuous improvement to drive quality throughout the organization.
- Work closely with engineering to develop and implement BOM cost down strategies through negotiation, design change, and second sources.
- Provide quality requirements for new products and continuously improve quality of existing products. Develop end-to-end quality metrics to track field quality and provide visibility to changes required to improve overall end-to-end quality
- Develop and implement refurbishment and repair processes.
- Accountable for the strategy, execution, and outcomes of SimpliSafe’s warehousing and logistics , ensuring delivery of all orders to e-commerce customers, retailers, and other partners.
- Develop and execute key initiatives and procedures that have an impact in improving key performance indicators such as on-time delivery to customers, reduced inventory and transportation costs, and reduced CPU from labor and overhead.
- Drive high quality results through continuous improvement by leading, inspiring, and motivating colleagues to deliver exceptional service outcomes (quantitative and qualitative) to internal and external customers
- Provide leadership to the team and invest in coaching, developing, training and guiding team members in their succession paths.
- Deliver well-structured and impactful business reports and presentations to senior and executive leadership internally and customer leadership/decision
- Develop, implement and manage annual budget, business plan, goals and objectives
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years broad based leadership experience in supply chain strategy, warehousing/logistics, direct procurement, manufacturing / new product introduction, trade compliance, site safety, quality and employee engagement within a consumer electronics product driven company
- Proven ability to transform and scale an organization
- Experience leading the integration of WMS / TMS systems with 3PL providers
- Deep understanding of the direct-to-customer and retail space
- Proven ability to effectively leverage and partner with JDM’s, CM’s and 3 PL’s
- Demonstrated passion for the voice of the customer
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proven ability to define and execute strategy
- No ego approach to solving problems, building and leading teams and driving change
- Proven ability to build world-class teams and effectively manage talent