SimpliSafe has ambitious growth plans and needs help prioritizing, planning and tackling our endless opportunities. SimpliSafe’s Strategy team is different from other companies: 1) consumer research (both quantitative and qualitative) is at the heart of everything we do, 2) we are incredibly data driven and evidence based – constantly testing hypotheses, 3) we debate everything and operate at a high level of rigor found at consulting or PE firms.
SimpliSafe is the right place for you if you are proactive, hungry, and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Our ideal candidate needs to be able to do the following:
- Write compelling business cases for c-suite/board level decisions
- Build detailed financial models (P&L only) to illustrate differences in strategies the company could take
- Extract creative insights from junior team members’ robust quantitative survey work and connect insights across projects and departments
- Spearhead cross functional teams to launch new high priority initiatives (products, services, operations, marketing, etc.)
- Inspire and elevate those around you with your humility and deep curiosity
- Willingness to work on multiple projects at once, sometimes as an individual contributor, sometimes managing junior team members, and sometimes managing cross functional working group
- BA/BS degree, MBA optional
- At least 4 years of pre-MBA strategy consulting experience at a top tier firm OR 1 year of post-MBA experience combined with pre-MBA analyst experience
- Experience operating at the case team leader / engagement manager level or demonstrated ability to
- Must be both a doer and a thinker. We are a fast-paced, creative environment. Everyone rolls up their sleeves
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate statistical output in a manner that is engaging, understandable, and influential
- Strong technical skills, including financial modeling (P&L only), survey design, and data visualization