SimpliSafe is looking for a Marketing Procurement Manager to lead strategic sourcing initiatives across spend categories including agencies, direct mail, print, retail displays, market research, marketing platforms, promotional merchandise, and television production. Procurement is a newly centralized function within SimpliSafe and this is an exciting opportunity to help build a department. This important position will be responsible for all phases of the procurement process including spend analysis, Request for Proposals (RFPs), negotiations, contract management and supplier performance analysis. In this role you will:
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across functions (creative, media, public relations, partnerships, retail, etc.) to translate business needs into clear sourcing requirements
- Lead execution of formalized strategic sourcing process, including conducting market research, preparing and issuing thorough RFPs, negotiating pricing and key terms, analyzing ROI, presenting data-driven recommendations to leadership, and overseeing projects from kick off through contract execution
- Negotiate advantageous vendor agreements that consider total cost of ownership and drive savings while improving operational efficiencies and service levels
- Manage key suppliers, including quarterly business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Analyze spend on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities, forecast, track, and deliver against savings targets
You are a self-motivated, highly analytical individual with well-rounded business skills who always exhibits good judgment. You are excited about measuring results and maximizing the ROI on our marketing investments. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 3+ years' professional experience working in marketing consulting, within a marketing or media buying agency, or with a specialty in marketing procurement preferred;
- Experience leading RFP processes effectively;
- Outstanding contract negotiation skills and project/program management abilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present project objectives and results to senior executives and other key stakeholders;
- Good listener; able to integrate objectives of functional leaders into sourcing requirements;
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing projects effectively in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment; and
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior.
SimpliSafe is a leading home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification – all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafe’s expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S., protecting 3 million Americans.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the company’s mission and making people’s lives better.