We are looking for a hands-on Tech Lead to join our E-commerce team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for not only designing and writing code, but for the coordination of an entire development team as well as mentoring and training engineers, developing the team’s roadmap and quarterly objectives and working closely with marketing stakeholders across the organization.
The E-commerce team is responsible for:
- The SimpliSafe.com website
- A/B Testing the website to increase conversion rates
- Optimizing SimpliSafe.com for page load times and SEO
- Working with Marketing to implement new sales/lead generation ideas
- Providing Analytics to the company as needed
Qualified Candidates will:
- Have experience leading an engineering team, even if only in an informal capacity.
- Be able to bring ideas to reality, managing hurdles along the way.
- A passion for organizing software development projects from inception to launch, including making architectural decisions, considering effects on existing solutions, working with other developers, and keeping an eye on all the details.
- Be a collaborative individual with the desire to work with other leaders to emerge team objectives and key results
- Extensive experience with HTML5/CSS3
- Have proven successes in mentoring junior engineers to improve standards and reduce defects in dynamic environments.
- Be a high-level problem solver with extensive skills to support day to day issues and larger project level obstacles.
- Be hands on. This is still a hands-on role — you'll be actively involved in developing software.
Bonus points for experience with:
- CSS preprocessing (such as SASS)
- PHP or similar backend scripting languages
- Responsive Web Design
- Linux/Unix/Command Line
- NGINX/Apache Web Server
- MySQL or similar relational database