SimpliSafe is looking for a Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence who is able to transform, analyze and present key data in order to provide deeper insights into how our business is performing. This position will drive the development of new KPI reporting dashboards and will be instrumental in identifying underlying business trends to assist all executive-level decision making. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this important position will be responsible for building-out and maintaining the core KPI reporting tools for the company’s finance and strategy teams. In this role you will:
- Own the company’s business intelligence function within the finance realm, to determine underlying “source of truth” for all KPIs
- Be responsible for building out and maintaining world-class KPI reporting tools that can be used regularly by finance, strategy and senior team members
- Develop, analyze and refine new and existing KPIs to be presented to senior team members and the BOD, helping to instruct all key executive-level decisions
- Manage the connectivity between underlying data sources and BI tools, with the assistance of the Engineering team, to ensure high data quality
- Identify opportunities to enhance the BI function within the organization and support build-out of world-class BI capabilities
- Develop an intimate knowledge of a where all data resides and how to access it, in order to be responsive to requests for ad hoc analysis and new recurring data reporting requests
You are analytically rigorous and diligent, while possessing a well-rounded business skillset and a keen ability to see “the forest from the trees”. You are intellectually curious and enjoy analyzing large data sets to uncover deeper business insights. You are always seeking underlying “truth” and the highest quality data analyses. You are energized by elevating the business intelligence function within a fast-growing technology company, built on a strong recurring revenue model and owned by a top-tier financial sponsor. You are a self-motivated, proactive team player who always exhibits good judgment. You are a linear thinker, and a clear communicator. You are very organized and detailed-oriented -- able to meet critical deadlines consistently with thoughtful analysis. Other qualifications include:
- 5-7+ years' professional Business Intelligence experience with a Bachelor’s degree; MBA will be highly valued;
- Extremely diligent, exhibiting rigorous attention to detail;
- Outstanding analytical skills and deep knowledge of Excel required;
- Experience analyzing large data sets required;
- Possess expert level-knowledge of BI tools including Tableau;
- Fluent in SQL, with deep knowledge of relational databases and data warehouses;
- Background presenting rigorous analysis to a private equity audience will be highly valued;
- Superior communication skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to identify key business trends;
- Ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization, including senior executives;
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management; and
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior.
Based in Boston, SimpliSafe is a leading nationwide home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification – all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafe’s expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the company’s mission and making people’s lives better