SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to design and develop the firmware that drives our award winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will:
- Design, code and integrate C/C++ firmware for our next generation video products to run on an embedded Linux OS.
- Work with our SoC partner to develop and integrate video analytics for object detection and classification.
- Document the design and testing methodologies
- Develop unit test for the verification of code and hardware
- Strong C and C++ language skills
- Experience in embedded systems running RTOS and/or embedded Linux.
- Established understanding of 32 bit embedded SoCs (preferably ARM), busses (I2C/SPI/SDIO/etc) and related peripherals.
- Experience with developing and debugging video analytics in an embedded and/or cloud space. Experience with open source embedded analytics models (TinyYolo, etc) is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment.
- Well versed at reading and interpreting schematics and other hardware documentation
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: