We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead our core alarm system's cellular connectivity development. The Technical Program Manager will function as technical lead on all engineering development for cellular connectivity. This includes leading a cross-functional team of engineers through the complexity of new carriers, countries, hardware modules, network requirements, etc. You must be able to:
- Understand and define technical requirements.
- Analyze tradeoffs of various cellular technologies.
- Partner effectively with several technology teams.
- Understand the business impact of technical decisions with carriers and hardware vendors.
- Manage deliverables for critical milestones.
- Own the planning and delivery of cellular solutions including setting the multi-year international strategy, ramp down of older cellular solutions, and ramp up and qualification of newer solutions.
- Point person for communication for the cellular technical team at all levels of the company.
- Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against cost, time to market, and customer experience.
- Oversee partnerships with cellular hardware vendors and carriers.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- 7 or more years of technical experience with cellular technologies. Knowledge of hardware, firmware, or software is a plus.
- 3 years experience in a customer/vendor facing or cross-functional capacity.
- Understands best practices of Agile project management.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: