SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the Boston development and manufacturing team of our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will work with internal and external teams to ensure that our products meet robust manufacturability requirements by specifying, developing, and qualifying assembly, test, fulfillment, postponement, and repair/service processes.
What You'll Do
- Engage early as a core member of the new product development team driving the development, implementation and qualification of all assembly, fulfillment, postponement and repair/service processes at internal and external manufacturing and fulfillment centers.
- Work with the internal and external design, development and manufacturing teams to implement manufacturability principles into new designs (design for assembly, design for manufacturing, design for test, design for repair, design for postponement and fulfillment).
- Use manufacturability and assembly analysis tools and software to aid in the analysis and improvement of designs.
- Work with external suppliers and manufacturers to architect and develop assembly jig and fixtures by considering all critical to quality aspects of the parts and assemblies.
- Evaluate existing design and assemblies for the use of automation. Architect and specify critical design aspects that will define automation design requirements.
- Perform design and process risk assessments using DFMEA and PFMEA techniques and work with the design and manufacturing teams to implement changes to reduce or eliminate the risk.
- Review existing products in production and improve by making recommendations for process efficiency, reliability and repeatability improvements.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years in the manufacturing and development of consumer electronics.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and qualifying processes used in the manufacturing and assembly of consumer electronic products.
- Proven track record implementing design for assembly (DFA), test (DFT), manufacturing (DFM) and repair (DFR) principles into new product designs.
- Experience architecting and qualifying automated processes.
- Experience working with fast-moving product development teams
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling and STA
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Broad experience with quality methods including Design of Experiments, statistical process control methods, Lean/Six Sigma, root cause analysis.
- Experience implementing DFMEA and PFMEA methodologies into the development life cycle.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-disciplined approach to achieve results
- Detail oriented with strong process and planning skills
- Ability to work, assess and provide guidance independently with little or no supervision, and generate ideas within areas of expertise
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Ability to travel internationally 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering
- Project management experience
- Experience manufacturing in Mexico and Europe
- Experience with refurbishment and repair processes as well as postponement processes
- Finance/business experience with an understanding of the impact of quality on cost.