SimpliSafe is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will manage and improve our existing partners and help map out the future commodity management partner strategy.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the relationship management and performance measurement and improvement of electrical component suppliers and Tier 2 commodity suppliers
- Negotiate and manage part costs, including NRE, associated with new product introduction
- Negotiate part assurance of supply with minimum lead times
- Partner with internal Engineering, Product Management, Sourcing, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to develop improvement plans and drive improvements throughout the product life cycle.
- Establish end-to-end partner performance measurements and scorecards and hold them accountable to continually improve cost, quality, and delivery
- Work with the legal team on manufacturing service agreements and ensure contract compliance.
- Develop, implement and lead a new electrical component partner and other Tier 2 commodity partner selection process as well as the RFQ/RFP process.
- Lead executive-level quarterly business reviews (QBR) with critical partners.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years in managing outsourced manufacturing, Tier 2 suppliers, and development of consumer electronics
- Extensive project management and partner relationship management experience
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution
- Demonstrated experience managing by influence, both with internal and external partners
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and performance metrics in the contract manufacturing industry
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites. Ability to travel internationally 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in ME, EE, IE, Business, or Supply Chain Management
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or MBA
- Management of reverse supply chains, i.e. returns and repair