Staff Mechanical Engineer
SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award winning wireless/IoT home security system. This role will have a significant impact by working cross-functionally to lead our product development from concept through production.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build and test mechanical components and hardware within a fast-paced engineering group
- Rapidly iterate through mechanical design prototypes
- Take ownership of projects with minimal guidance
- Manage contract manufacturers from product concept to mass production
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Prototype mechanical design iterations rapidly
- Have a detailed eye for “less but better” design practices
- Worked with offshore manufactures to bring products from conception to volume shipment
- Worked extensively with commercial CAD packages
- Experience prototyping using 3D printers
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Previous experience working with high-volume consumer electronics
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Injection molding, die casting or sheet metal design
- Tolerance analysis
- Experience with Asian CMs
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: