We fundamentally disrupted the home security industry, pioneering a new way to make home the safest place on earth for everyone. Founded in 2006, we were the first to offer homeowners professional-grade monitored home security with no long-term contracts and at radically fair prices. We now protect over 3 million people and remain committed to our founding goal: to make every home secure.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Strategy Associate for our Engineering organization who can transform raw data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations. The Strategy Associate will be instrumental in developing initiatives that contribute directly to SimpliSafe’s rapid growth, help provide direction to the company & improve the efficacy of the team. This is a highly visible role that will interact with cross functional groups, the executive leadership team and the Hellman & Friedman portfolio team. The right fit candidate will need to be proactive, hungry for answers, able to work both independently and collaboratively.
What will you do?
- Coach engineering leadership team members on strategy development
- Help shape Engineering domain strategies (Product Engineering, DevOps, Software Engineering, Operations, Mobile, International).
- Create a unified engineering strategy by combining engineering domain strategies and other cross company strategies (Product, Marketing, Operations) to deliver against company objectives and key results.
- Drive Objective and Key Result process across the Engineering organization. Ensure that Engineering OKR’s support and enable company strategies. Regularly report on OKR attainment.
- Author compelling engineering strategy articulation including investment justification and performance against expected outcomes. Author quarterly strategy and performance updates to CEO and Board
- Enable prioritization based on business impact across engineering and other corporate functions and enable continuous prioritization across a large number of competing priorities within an Agile delivery model.
- Analyze and report on Engineering performance against objectives and strategies.
- Identify, justify, and recommend improvements in performance, quality, and financial results.
- Coordinate and participate in cross-company strategic efforts (Product, Marketing, Operations, International)
- Design and implement a yearly strategy cadence. Design and facilitate quarterly engineering strategy offsites, enabling iteration on existing strategy and breaking ground on new strategy.
You are excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done. You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You’re a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- Strategy Consulting Experience: The ideal candidate will have two to four years of strategy experience from a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: Superior critical thinking skills are critical to this role, including the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and demonstrate a ‘nose for value’ to discern what is important and draw valid conclusions.
- Analytical Excellence: Strong analytical skills are required, including experience with query and data visualization tools.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including confidence and presence to engage effectively with all levels.
- Cross-functional Leadership: The ability to work across multiple business functions and stakeholders and remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: The candidate will need to be enthusiastic about operating in a fast-paced, sometimes unstructured environment and being self-directed. Deep intellectual curiosity and strong drive to challenge the status quo is needed.
- Education: The right fit candidate will have an undergrad degree from a top academic institution. MBA is a plus.
Come work with the fast growing, passionate team at SimpliSafe. We have a fun work environment, competitive compensation, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation. Learn and play with all of our existing and upcoming IoT devices such as cameras, doorbells, locks, integrations and more. Our offices are located downtown, right next to the State Street stop on the Orange and Blue lines, within walking distance from North and South stations.